Monday, September 20, 2010

KLG Post-Discussion

Idea or question that's lingering after your discussion.
"Discuss the various comparisons Hochschild makes between Nazi concentration camps and the actions of white men in the Congo. How culpable do you think the perpetrators of each of these crimes were?"
I guess I don't know as much about the Nazis' goals as I thought. I thought a key difference between Leopold and Hitler and other Nazi officials was that the Nazi's weren't after natural resources or land - but apparently that's not true. So I'd like to know more about the similarities and differences between the two that I might not know.

Evaluate your small group discussion. What went well? How can you improve?
I think our group actually did extremely well. We used support, both quoted and paraphrased and everyone spoke at least once. Most people spoke many times. We stated our opinions and used the book to show why we thought what we did. It was informal and had a good flow. We could probably improve by getting everyone to participate more consistently/equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment